Following is a list of media with LGBTQ themes. Some are serious, some are funny. Everything helped me to gain a greater understanding and appreciation of all things gay.
Further Suggestions welcome and encouraged!
- Glee, Season 1, Season 2, Season 3
- Modern Family, Season 1, Season 2, Season 3
- Will and Grace, complete series
- Happily Divorced, season 1.
Based on a True Story
- Far Between (By Kendall Wilcox, a former film professor at BYU. The documentary is still in filming and editing process, but powerful individual stories from gay Mormons may be found on their website.)
- I Thought it was Forever (In process)
- For the Bible Tells Me So (Several stories, including about a gay Episcopal leader that was formerly married to a woman.)
- 8: The Mormon Proposition (Caution–shocking details that will never let you look at the LDS church the same again.)
Family Favorites for all ages
Parental Discretion Advised
- The Object of My Affection
- Far From Heaven
- Were the World Mine
- Kinky Boots
- The Birdcage
- Broken Hearts Club
- Latter Days
- Brokeback Mountain